- 1. Baia by Sancho, State of Pernambuco, Brazil
- 2. Varadero Beach, Matanzas Province, Cuba
- 3. Eagle Beach, Oranjestad, Argentina
- 4. La Concha Beach, Basque Country, Spain
- 5. Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
- 6. Clearwater Beach, Florida, USA
- 7. Spiaggia dei Conigli, Sicily, Italy
- 8. Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- 9. Playa Norte, Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
- 10. Seven Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica
- 11. Falesia Beach, Algarve, Portugal
- 12. Prainhas do Pontal do Atalaia, Cabo State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 13. Ses de Ses Beach, Formentera, Spain
- 14. Ka’anapali Beach, Maui, Hawaii
- 15. Balos Lagoon, Crete, Greece
(AP) – Overcoming many other candidates, the vast beach on a small island off the coast of Brazil were readers travel website Tripadvisor reputation voted the world’s best beaches.
Here are the best beach awards in the world, based on traveler reviews and ratings throughout the year.
1. Baia by Sancho, State of Pernambuco, Brazil
Baia do Sancho, on the island of Fernando de Noronha, was named the most beautiful beach in the world according to TripAdvisor votes in 2017 but it slipped to second place last year. This year, Baia do Sancho has regained her title. The secluded beach boasts clear waters – ideal for snorkeling – and panoramic cliffs overlooking dolphins swimming in the bay. 91% of readers rated the beach as ‘excellent’.
2. Varadero Beach, Matanzas Province, Cuba
Varadero Beach is one of Cuba’s most famous beaches. It climbed to second place this year in TripAdvisor’s awards. The beach is on the edge of the bustling resort town with hotels built in the 1920s.
3. Eagle Beach, Oranjestad, Argentina
Eagle Beach – famous for its pristine landscape, shaggy Fofoti trees, sea turtles and water sports – has risen from fourth to third place in 2019. One reader commented: ‘Beach clean and peaceful sea. Although it is a busy time of the year, it is still very quiet. ”
4. La Concha Beach, Basque Country, Spain
The highest rated beach in Europe, according to TripAdvisor, is La Concha Beach in San Sebastian on Spain’s north coast. It is located in the heart of the city with a stretch of white sand and a small island – Isla Santa Clara – in the middle of the bay. Visitors to La Concha Beach can swim to the island. There is a small beach, lighthouse, restaurant with picnic table and lovely bar.
5. Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Last year Grace Bay in the Caribbean nation of Turkey and Caicos was dubbed the most beautiful beach in the world but this year it dropped to fifth place in the rankings. Despite the fall, the beach is still rated by 89% of visitors as excellent due to turquoise water, snowy white sand and bright sunshine all year round.
6. Clearwater Beach, Florida, USA
Rated as the # 1 Beach in the US, according to TripAdvisor’s 2019 rankings. It is known for its soft white sand stretches and calm water. On TripAdvisor, 73% of readers rated this beach as “awesome”.
7. Spiaggia dei Conigli, Sicily, Italy
Spiaggia dei Conigli, located on the Italian island of Lampedusa in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea, is popular with visitors. Its name in Italian means “beach of rabbits” – although it is famous for a lot of turtles. It has an impressive ranking with 89% of ‘excellent’ votes on TripAdvisor. One traveler wrote: ‘If you are looking for a small, beautiful beach without waves, warm clear water, soft white sand and lots of sun on a small, friendly Italian island, then here is exactly where you look for ‘
8. Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Seven Mile is a long crescent-shaped sand beach on the west side of the Grand Cayman Island. It is considered to be “the best beach in the Caribbean”. There are many different beaches, all of which are part of the beach longer than 10km.
9. Playa Norte, Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
Guests bask in the sun on the beach at Playa Norte – a tourist attraction in Mexico. The sea is located on the island of Isla Mujeres, just off the coast of Cancun. Some tourists also rated this is the most beautiful beach in the world, thanks to white sand and clear blue water.
10. Seven Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica
A top tourist attraction in Negril, Jamaica, are the beaches, especially the famous Seven Mile Beach. Once upon a time this place was controlled by pirates, but fortunately, the beautiful sand was returned to the sun lovers. One traveler wrote: ‘The beach is wonderful. The water is clear and blue like a swimming pool. The sea is calm in the morning and magical at sunset ”
11. Falesia Beach, Algarve, Portugal
Unusual red sand and impressive cliffs surrounding the bay have brought Falesia beach in Portugal into the top 20 in 2019. It stretches 6 km along the coast and is decorated with pine trees. To get down, visitors have to go down the wooden steps through the cliffs. A TripAdvisor reader commented: ‘The secluded yet beautiful beach, with the sand stretching ”
12. Prainhas do Pontal do Atalaia, Cabo State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Prainhas do Pontal do Atalaia of Brazil, in the state of Cabo de Rio de Janeiro, is divided into two separated by rocks. The sea is turquoise quiet, fine sand and white, and is the perfect place to swim and dive. Tourists consider this to be the most beautiful beach on the southeast coast in Brazil.
13. Ses de Ses Beach, Formentera, Spain
Playa de Ses Illetes was voted as ‘excellent’ by 80% of readers. Its location in Spain is comparable to a beach in the Caribbean. It is considered by tourists to be heaven on earth and is the perfect place for a weekend getaway.
14. Ka’anapali Beach, Maui, Hawaii
Ka’anapali Beach, about 50 minutes from Maui’s Kahului airport, ranks 14th in the rankings with white sand and clear water, suitable for snorkelers. The beach stretches for kilometers, beautiful, pristine with a full range of restaurants, and shops selling lovely crafts.
15. Balos Lagoon, Crete, Greece
Balos’s famous lagoon is located 56km northwest of Chania town and 17 km northwest of Kissamos. It is famous for turquoise waters and wild natural beauty. One reader wrote: ‘Take a boat to explore the lagoon to marvel at the warm colors and warmth of the sea’